Petrobras Reaches New Production Record In The Buzios Field
08.16.2022 By Ella Keskin - NEWS

August 16, 2022 [ Storage Terminals Magazine ] – In June, Petrobras reached an average monthly production of 616 000 barrels of oil per day (bpd) in the Búzios oil field, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin.


This is the highest average monthly production volume ever achieved by the field since it started operating in April 2018, representing an operational efficiency of 95 percent.

Of the total produced, Petrobras accounts for 91.7 percent of this volume (564 thousand bpd), and the other partners for 8.3 percent (51 thousand bpd). The result was achieved with the contribution of the four platforms in operation in the field: P-74, P-75, P-76 and P-77.

The company plans to put into production the fifth platform in the Búzios field, the FPSO Almirante Barroso, in 2023.

The unit will have the capacity to produce up to 150 000 bpd and process up to six million m³ of gas. With the new system, the prospect is that the Búzios field will reach the mark of 33 percent of Petrobras’ oil production in 2026.


Pro Trial: Access 11,340 Tank Terminal and Production Facilities

11,340 tank storage and production facilities as per the date of this article. Click on the button and register to get instant access to actionable tank storage industry data

Canada Commits to Backing C$3 Billion in New Trans Mountain Oil Pipeline Loans
06.02.2023 - NEWS
June 2, 2023 [Reuters]- The Canadian government is backing up to C$3 billion ($2.24 billion) in l... Read More
Port Harcourt Refinery to Start Before End of 2023, says NNPC GMD
06.02.2023 - NEWS
June 2, 2023 [Business Day]- Mele Kyari, the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Pet... Read More
Par Pacific Completes Acquisition of ExxonMobil Billings Refinery and Related Upper Rockies Logistics System
06.02.2023 - NEWS
June 2, 2023[Par Pacific]- Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PARR) (“Par Pacific”) announced ... Read More
Kinder Morgan to Increase Storage Capacity on its Texas Intrastate System
06.01.2023 - NEWS
June 1, 2023 [Kinder Morgan]- Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI) today announced its plan to expand ... Read More