Buffett Takes Control of US LNG Plant with $3.3 Billion Deal
07.11.2023 By TankTerminals.com News - NEWS

July 11, 2023 [Yahoo!]- Berkshire Hathaway Energy agreed to buy Dominion Energy Inc.’s stake in a Maryland liquefied natural gas export project for $3.3 billion.


The deal will boost the company’s limited partnership ownership of the terminal to 75%, while a unit of Brookfield Infrastructure Partners holds the remaining 25%, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire said in a statement Monday.

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. first took a stake in the one-train export plant with an annual export capacity of 5.25 million tons in 2020.

The deal will give Berkshire control of one of just seven operational US facilities that can export LNG at a time when the fuel has assumed an increased economic and geopolitical significance. Natural gas prices surged in 2022 following the invasion of Ukraine, and US exports of the liquefied form of the fuel helped to sustain Western European economies after Russia cut supplies.

Cove Point LNG is contracted on a long-term basis to companies including Tokyo Gas Co. and Sumitomo Corp.

Dominion said in a separate statement that it will use the proceeds to repay debt. Dominion, which has been conducting a business review, has said it plans to host an investor day in the third quarter to give an updated strategic and financial outlook.

Pro Trial: Access 12,600 Tank Terminal and Production Facilities

12,600 tank storage and production facilities as per the date of this article. Click on the button and register to get instant access to actionable tank storage industry data

ONGC Inks Pact with HPCL for Sale of Oil from Mumbai Offshore
09.28.2023 - NEWS
September 28, 2023 [Projects Today]- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has signed an agreeme... Read More
Enagas Wraps Up Stake Purchase in Germany’s HEH
09.28.2023 - NEWS
September 28, 2023 [LNG Prime]- Spanish LNG terminal operator Enagas has closed the previously a... Read More
Qatarenergy Signs New LNG Ship- Building Agreement Valued at QR14.2 Billion with HD Hyundai Heavy Industries
09.28.2023 - NEWS
September 28, 2023 [Qatar energy]- QatarEnergy signed an agreement with Korea’s HD Hyundai Heav... Read More
Qatar Energy Announces 10-Year Naphtha Supply Agreement with Marubeni Corporation
09.28.2023 - NEWS
September 28, 2023 [Qatar Energy]- QatarEnergy has announced the signing of a long-term naphtha s... Read More