QatarEnergy Selects Shell as Second International NFS Expansion Partner
10.31.2022 By - NEWS

October 31, 2022 [Oil&GasJournal] – QatarEnergy selected Shell plc as its second international partner in the North Field South (NFS) expansion project, which comprises two LNG mega trains with combined capacity of 16 million tpy.


QatarEnergy selected Shell plc as its second international partner in the 16-million tonne/year (tpy) North Field South (NFS) expansion project comprised of two 8-million tpy liquefaction trains. The project is expected to raise Qatar’s total LNG production capacity to 126 million tpy.

Shell will hold an effective net participating interest of 9.375% out of a 25% interest available for international partners, QatarEnergy and Shell said in separate releases Oct. 23. QatarEnergy will hold the remaining 75% interest.

The North Field Expansion Project, comprising NFS and the North Field East (NFE) expansion projects, will start production in 2026 and will add more than 48 million tpy to the world’s LNG supplies by 2027, QatarEnergy said.

QatarEnergy selected TotalEnergies SE as the first international partner in the NFS project in September (OGJ Online, Sept. 26, 2022). A third partnership “will be announced in due course,” QatarEnergy said.

Pro Trial: Access 10,390 Tank Terminal and Production Facilities

10,390 tank storage and production facilities as per the date of this article. Click on the button and register to get instant access to actionable tank storage industry data

BASF and Stolt Tankers Introduce the Low-Water Chemical Tanker Stolt Ludwigshafen During Ship Christening Ceremony
05.29.2023 - NEWS
May 29, 2023 [Stolt Neilsen]- On May 26, 2023, the new low-water inland tanker Stolt Ludwigshafen... Read More
Turkey, Iraq Seek to Boost Trade at Summit in Erbil
05.29.2023 - NEWS
May 29, 2023 [Rudaw]- Erbil on Sunday hosted the seventh Turkey-Iraq investment and trade summit,... Read More
Oil Supply won't be Affected by Stricter Price Cap Enforcement, IEA says
05.29.2023 - NEWS
May 29, 2023 [Reuters]-  “It may have some impact but countries once again reiterated that... Read More
Hedge Funds’ Ultra-Bearish Oil Bets Signal US Recession Angst
05.29.2023 - NEWS
May 29, 2023 [The Business Times]- MONEY managers who trade derivatives linked to oil and fuel p... Read More